Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Do the Right Thing Review

Do the Right Thing is a movie that takes place on the hottest day of the summer in Brooklyn. Mookie works for the local pizza shop that is run by the only Caucasian people on the block and with the comes controversy. ***SPOILER***Throughout the entire day every ones anger and feelings of hate and frustration boil to the surface and all hell breaks loose and everything and everyone explodes.

I am not sure about how I feel about this film even after taking some time to think about it and watch it again. I had a hard time sticking with the film the first time because of everything that was going on the film. I definitely think that the film brings up some major topics that are present in everyday life and that are important for every one to think about and address. I would have to say that I do think that this is a film that every one should see more than once because it is one that I think is pretty controversial and compelling, so to watch it once may have you leaving with a disgruntled view and a uneasy feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment